James Rodríguez: "Nobody wants me at Real Madrid now"
James Rodríguez revealed he is not thinking about returning home to Colombia to retire; and as for Real Madrid, he said: "They don't want me!"
James Rodríguez took a peak into the future and spoke about the possibility of him returning back home to end his playing days in Colombia during a chat on the Twitch platform, in which he took questions from his followers, some of them relating to football and his career.
As for the possibility of retiring at a club in his homeland, for example his old club Envigado, the Everton winger replied: "It's not in my plans to be honest. But who knows in two, three or four years? Life and football can take many twists and turns, but I don't think so. Right now, it's not something that I am thinking about".
"Madrid don't want me anymore" - James
One of the participants asked James if he had thought about giving it another go back at Real Madrid to which the Colombian replied, giigling: "Nobody wants me there now!". James was reminded that Madrid fans are still very fond of him, but maybe wouldn't have him as a regular in the starting XI: "That's part of football, lads," he added.
During one of the broadcasts, James recalled one of the dreams of his childhood to play at a club in Colombia's top flight: "Playing for [CD] Tolima? Sure Why not? That was my dream when I was a kid: to play for Deportes Tolima".
James and Everton are next in action on Monday when they welcome Southampton to Goodison in Week 26 of the Premier League. The Blues historic 0-2 derby win over Liverpool at Anfield keeps Carlo Ancelotti's team in the fight to secure one of the European places. The team is currently seventh of 40 points.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?