MLB spring training: who's playing this weekend and how to watch
Full schedule and TV/radio info as 28 of the 30 Major League Baseball clubs play their first 2021 spring training games on Sunday 28 February.
Spring training is underway as Major League Baseball (MLB) prepares for the start of the 2021 season - and 28 of the competition's 30 clubs are scheduled to play their first warm-up fixtures on Sunday 28 February.
2021 MLB spring training: Sunday 28 February fixture schedule
- Pirates @ Orioles: 1:05 pm - Ed Smith Stadium, Sarasota, FL (TV: MASN)
- Nationals @ Cardinals: 1:05 pm - Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium, Jupiter, FL (TV: MASN, FS-M; radio: KMOX 1120, Cardinals Radio Network)
- Red Sox @ Twins: 1:05 pm - CenturyLink Sports Complex, Fort Myers, FL (Radio: WCCO 830, TIBN, The Wolf 102.9 FM, MLB.com)
- Phillies @ Tigers: 1:05pm - Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium, Lakeland, FL (Radio: 97.1 The Ticket)
- Braves @ Rays: 1:05 pm - Charlotte Sports Park, Port Charlotte, FL
- Marlins @ Astros: 1:05 pm - FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches, West Palm Beach, FL
- Blue Jays @ Yankees: 1:05 pm - George M Steinbrenner Field, Tampa, FL (TV: YES, SNET; radio: WFAN 660/101.9 FM)
- Reds @ Indians: 3:05 pm - Goodyear Ballpark, Goodyear, AZ (Radio: WLW 700)
- Dodgers @ Athletics: 3:05 pm - Hohokam Stadium, Mesa, AZ (TV: SNLA; radio: Dodgers Radio AM570, KTNQ 1020)
- Angels @ Giants: 3:05 pm - Scottsdale Stadium, Scottsdale, AZ
- Rangers @ Royals: 3:05 pm - Surprise Stadium, Surprise, AZ (Radio: 105.3 The Fan, KCSP 610)
- Brewers @ White Sox: 3:05 pm - Camelback Ranch, Glendale, AZ (TV: NBCSCH; radio: 95.4 ESPN Milwaukee, Brewers Radio Network, ESPN Radio 1000)
- Diamondbacks @ Rockies: 3:10 pm - Salt River Fields at Talking Stick, Scottsdale, AZ (Radio: 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station)
- Padres @ Mariners: 3:10 pm - Peoria Stadium, Peoria, AZ (Radio: 710 ESPN)
*All times ET
Video/audio of some games also appears to be available on MLB.TV.
2021 MLB spring training: going to the game
Spring training games are set to be attended by a limited number of fans. You can check whether or not tickets are available for the fixture you want to go to here.
How 2021 MLB spring training will work
The 15 Cactus League teams training in Arizona will all play each other twice between 28 February and 29 March. Meanwhile, the 15 Grapefruit League clubs doing spring training in Florida will be split into regional groups, so as to minimise travel amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The five teams whose training camps are on the east coast of Florida - the Astros, the Marlins, the Mets, the Cardinals and the Nationals - will each play 24 games against one another over 30 days, while the clubs on the state’s west coast will be divided into two sections.
The Tigers, the Yankees, the Phillies and the Blue Jays will play each other in one group, while the Braves, the Red Sox, the Twins and the Rays will meet in the other. Meanwhile, the Orioles and the Pirates will go up against sides from both groups. These teams will all play 28 games between 28 February and 29 March.
When does the MLB season start?
The 2021 MLB regular season is scheduled to begin on Thursday 1 April.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Tokyo Olympics cancellation remains an option, says top Japanese politician
- NBA Dallas' Doncic on game-winning three-pointer: "Those are the best feelings ever"
- US NEWS A new proposal to revamp unemployment systems and increase benefits announced
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin pleads the Fifth Amendment: what is it, and what are the defendant’s rights when they invoke it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Veteran third stimulus check: when is it arriving & how much?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: why could it be unlikely?