REAL MADRID 1 - 1 REAL SOCIEDAD
Real Madrid boss Zidane rues missed chances against La Real
The French coach assessed the draw at home to Real Sociedad: "We had chances in the first half and we couldn't score. That's two points dropped at home."
Zinedine Zidane spoke after Real Madrid's 1-1 draw against Real Sociedad at the Estadio Alfredo Di Stéfano. Here are some of the key quotes from the post-match comments.
Real Madrid drop valuable points at home
General assessment of match: “We played well. We had chances in the first half and we couldn't score. It's two points dropped at home, but we couldn't get them because our opponents were very good.”
On the change of system: “I wasn't happy with the pressure. After 10-15 minutes we changed [system] again. The changes went well in the match.”
On if the change in system hurt them: “Maybe.”
On striking options: "We changed it up looking for another alternative. We had to adapt because after an hour the players were tired. Those who came on did well. We were looking to change the dynamic of the second half.”
On the team: "We're going to remain calm because in the end this can happen. Sometimes you win when you don't deserve to. Today we played well and it didn't go for us. The team created chances but in the end it’s two points dropped at home. That's football."
On the upcoming derby against Atlético: “This hasn't changed the way we’ll go about that game. We're playing the team in first place and will aim to play well again. There's still a long way to go”
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Aubameyang out of hospital and feeling good after malaria diagnosis - Arteta
- FOOTBALL Pogba unable to explain 'strange' relationship with Mourinho
- NBA Warriors rookie Wiseman undergoes season-ending knee surgery
- TAX SEASON 2021 Why is my tax return still being processed?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, my turn...