FC Barcelona cleared from Barçagate, Bartomeu provisionally released
The investigation now becomes an individual matter focusing on former club president Josep Maria Bartomeu and his key advisor Jaume Masferrer.
"Barçagate" now becomes just "Bartogate" after judge Alejandra Gil cleared the football club from the ongoing investigation process relating to the hiring of an external social media club by the club to taint the reputation of key FC Barcelona figures. The case now centres on two individuals, former club president Josep Maria Bartomeu and his personal advisor Jaume Masferrer. Both men were released from police custody but are still under investigation.
Summing up this morning, the judge stated that FC Barcelona are now no longer under investigation but are now the damaged party in the case after both Josep Maria Bartomeu and Jaume Masferrer refused to answer any questions on the matter on legal advice.
With the accused no longer the club, the initial case brought forward by independent supporters platform Dignitat Blaugrana has been closed by Judge Gil with the case now focusing on the two former Barça executives.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Giovani dos Santos could leave Club América this summer
- Coronavirus US Coronavirus US: who has to wear a mask after the vaccine?
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the possible ceasefire and conflict between Israel and Palestine?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Filing 2021 deadline: is it possible to request an extension?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: what happens if you file taxes late?
- ENTERTAINMENT Who is Andrea Meza, winner of Miss Universe?