FC Barcelona cleared from Barçagate, Bartomeu provisionally released
The investigation now becomes an individual matter focusing on former club president Josep Maria Bartomeu and his key advisor Jaume Masferrer.
"Barçagate" now becomes just "Bartogate" after judge Alejandra Gil cleared the football club from the ongoing investigation process relating to the hiring of an external social media club by the club to taint the reputation of key FC Barcelona figures. The case now centres on two individuals, former club president Josep Maria Bartomeu and his personal advisor Jaume Masferrer. Both men were released from police custody but are still under investigation.
Summing up this morning, the judge stated that FC Barcelona are now no longer under investigation but are now the damaged party in the case after both Josep Maria Bartomeu and Jaume Masferrer refused to answer any questions on the matter on legal advice.
With the accused no longer the club, the initial case brought forward by independent supporters platform Dignitat Blaugrana has been closed by Judge Gil with the case now focusing on the two former Barça executives.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Spain could draw Brazil or Argentina at Tokyo Olympics
- REAL MADRID Hazard, Asensio, Vinicius: Zidane faces selection headache as Belgian nears return
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leipzig star Konaté responds to Liverpool rumours
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: how are negotiations going and when will it be discussed in the Senate?
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS tax refunds on $10,200 in unemployment benefits: when it's coming?
- US News: Coronavirus What are the maximum unemployment benefits per state?