Salah set to miss the start of the Premier League next season
Liverpool were unaware that Egypt was going to call-up the striker for the delayed Tokyo 2020 Olympics that will see Salah miss the start of the 2021/22 campaign.
Mohamed Salah is set to play with the Egyptian national side at the forthcoming Tokyo Olympics. The 'Pharaohs' U-23 manager Shawky Gharib confirmed that the Liverpool striker is in his pre-list with each participating nation permitted to include three professional players in their squad with Salah set to be one of the three.
The Egyptian FA have yet to speak to Liverpool about the matter claim UK outlets which could see Jurgen Klopp without his start striker for the opening phase of the 2021/22 season.
The delayed Tokyo Olympic Games will take place from 23 July-8 August with the Premier League set to start in early August with Salah set to miss pre-season with the 'Reds'. After the games, the forward will also require some rest time before preparing himself for the demanding season ahead with the World Cup in Qatar looming on the horizon too.
Egypt's U-23 coach Gharib has also confirmed that Mohamed El-Shennawi and a goalkeeper will accompany Salah and the rest of the squad on their Japanese Olympic adventure.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...