Gareth Bale to hold Real Madrid for every penny owed
According to reports in the UK media, the forward who is out on loan at his former club Tottenham Hotspur is not going to consider any drop in payment.
Gareth Bale is, maybe unsurprisingly, not willing to do Real Madrid any favours when it comes to his contract. And many would argue that he is completely within his rights to make that call.
Bale to hold on for contract in full
Despite the club making him the most expensive signing in history in 2013, paying him 30 million gross per season and giving him the chance to win four Champions Leagues, the Welshman will squeeze the club for every last drop until the final day of his deal runs out. Bale has one more year left on his contract with Los Blancos and, according to UK paper The Mirror, he intends to collect every penny, even if that means that he is not playing regular football.
The English paper claims that the Welshman will refuse to accept a pay cut in the final year of his contract with Madrid whether he stays with them in the Spanish capital or goes out on loan once again. According to the report, if Bale remains with Spurs as per now (and recent glimpses that he may have something to offer the London club), he expects both clubs to continue splitting his huge salary.
The planned strategy in Madrid is to remove the winger from their wage bill and free up 30 million euros per year to aid the signing of PSG’s Kylian Mbappé. Every goal or good performance being put in by Bale for José Mourinho’s side is met with a cheer, as the hope is that Daniel Levy will be convinced to take on the star completely. It has taken a while but the golf-obsessed forward is starting to pick up form and currently has eight goals and five assists after 22 games in all competitions for the Lilywhites.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Can you drink alcohol after taking a covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPICS 100 days until Tokyo games: Spitz urges Olympics to allow 'rightful opportunity to speak out'
- OLYMPICS Dibaba: Olympics would be "more comfortable" if athletes were vaccinated before Tokyo
- MLB MLB round-up: Dream start to MLB career continues for Baddoo, Giolioto-Bieber will be one to watch for years
- US POLICING Former Minnesota police officer to be charged with manslaughter for the killing of Daunte Wright
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes