De Gea, Martial doubts for Man Utd ahead of derby with Man City
Neither David de Gea nor Anthony Martial travelled for Manchester United's clash with Crystal Palace on Wednesday.
Manchester United have concerns over David de Gea and Anthony Martial ahead of Sunday's derby with Premier League leaders Manchester City.
Neither De Gea nor Martial travelled to London for Wednesday's game with Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park.
Dean Henderson was named as starting goalkeeper, with Lee Grant among the substitutes, with De Gea absent due to personal reasons.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer selected an attack of Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood and Edinson Cavani, with Martial having sustained a knock during training.
It is unclear whether either player will be available to face City at the Etihad Stadium.
De Gea a doubt for personal reasons
"David, that's personal reasons," United manager Solskjaer told MUTV about the absences.
"Anthony got a knock in training on Monday, on his knee, so [he is] not ready for this. Hopefully, [he will be] ready for the weekend but we're not sure yet."
Henderson has only started twice in the league this season and there are reports he could ask to leave Old Trafford if he is not assured of more playing time next season, the former Sheffield United loanee having mostly been limited to European and domestic cup appearances.
Henderson to step in
"Let's hope he performs as well as he has done all season," said Solskjaer. "He's got his chance now. He's been waiting patiently, he's been working really hard and of course he's ready to grab his opportunity."
Te recomendamos en English
- US CORONAVIRUS NEWS How many Johnson & Johnson vaccines have been administered in the US?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE When are Champions League semi-finals played?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Neymar: "PSG are a team, we showed it against Bayern"
- NBA Durant focused on returning to full fitness, not Nets-76ers showdown
- Stimulus Checks What ID can I use to cash stimulus checks?
- USA What does Biden's $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan include?