Saudi Investment Fund eyeing Inter Milan takeover
Several reports confirm the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia is considering the purchase of assets in the current Serie A leaders.
According to several media reports in Italy, the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF) has shown an interest in purchasing assets in Serie A club Inter Milan with negotiations between the two parties currently in progress.
According to La Gazzetta Dello Sport, the current majority shareholders in Inter, Suning Holdings Group, are open to sell minority or majority interests based on the offers they receive.
The Italian news outlet also reported that Saudi Emir Mohamed Bin Salman is interested in acquiring a share in the Nerazzurri through the Saudi Investment Fund after British BC Partners had initially made a move to acquire a major interest but failed to reach an agreement with Inter's owners, who value the club at around €1 billion.
Saudi PIF to stake claim in Inter Milan
Another source, Corriere dello Sport, revealed that Saudi PIF are interested in taking over at Inter and are now leading the race after presenting an offer. Yasir Al-Rumayyan, who manages the PIF’s $347 billion portfolio of around 200 interests, is believed to be leading the negotiations with Suning representatives.
Furthermore, La Repubblica journalist Franco Vanni confirmed the news on Twitter when he was asked by a Nerazzurri fan whether the reoprts of a potential Saudi interest were accurate. "Yes, the interest is real, and it has been for a while," Vanni replied.
Inter Milan are now leading the Serie A standings with 56 points, three points clear of their historic rivals AC Milan in the Scudetto race.
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Ledecky going for gold, medal count, results, today 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Ledecky aiming for two golds in a day with Titmus in the way
- REAL MADRID Official: Real Madrid defender Varane signs for Manchester United