Pochettino: Neymar on track for Barcelona-PSG second leg
PSG face Barcelona in the second leg of their Champions League tie next week and Neymar is progressing well towards a return against his former club.
Neymar is progressing well in his recovery from an adductor injury, according to Paris Saint-Germain coach Mauricio Pochettino.
The Brazil star has been out of action since suffering the blow in PSG's Coupe de France win away at Caen on February 10.
And, following PSG's 1-0 victory over Bordeaux on Wednesday, Pochettino gave an optimistic update on Neymar's status.
Pochettino: "Neymar's progression is favourable"
1 - Paris have won without starting Kylian Mbappé, Angel Di Maria and Neymar for the first time in Ligue 1 since all of them are playing together (2017-18). Before tonight, PSG had won none of the three games played without them in the top-flight (D1 L2). Independence. #FCGBPSG pic.twitter.com/QLagw8vCkj— OptaJean (@OptaJean) March 3, 2021
He told a media conference: "Tomorrow, we will evaluate the players and the fact that we can recover a few players, that would be a good thing for the match on Saturday [against Brest in the Coupe de France].
"Neymar's progression is favourable. In the coming days, we will assess to see if he can be ready."
PSG remain two points behind Lille at the top of Ligue 1, Les Dogues scoring twice in stoppage time to beat Marseille 2-0 and stay at the summit.
"I think we started the game well. We had a good first half," added Pochettino. "In the second half, Bordeaux increased the pace of play, we suffered a bit, but then we controlled. We defended well and I'm very happy with the team's performance.
"We know that we have 10 matches left and that if we win them, with direct confrontations, we know that we will be champions.
"For all the time that I have been in the business, I know that you have to be patient."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?