Eagles' Jason Kelce holds off retirement to return for 2021 season
Jason Kelce ended speculation over his future on Friday, the 33-year-old star putting retirement on hold for another season.
Philadelphia Eagles All-Pro center and Super Bowl champion Jason Kelce will return for an 11th season with the NFL franchise. Kelce ended speculation over his future on Friday, the 33-year-old star putting retirement on hold for another season.
A vital member of Philadelphia's championship run in 2017, Kelce has reportedly reconstructed his contract to offer the Eagles cap relief. "I'm really fired up to be able to come back and play for the Eagles again," he said on Friday. "I've always said I'm playing until I'm not and I still have a very strong desire to play the game of football. I still want to do it. I still want to be around the guys. I want to be around the building, around the coaches. I still enjoy that aspect of it and I'm not ready to stop doing it yet. I'm excited with a lot of the energy going around right now and, also, I didn't want to end my career on a season like we had last year. It wouldn't feel right. I want to leave the Eagles knowing that I left it in good hands."
Kelce was selected by the Eagles in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He is a four-time Pro Bowler, while Kelce has been named an All-Pro on three occasions. His return is a big boost for new head coach Nick Sirianni, who has replaced Doug Pederson, after the Eagles went 4-11-1 in a forgettable season. "I'm having fun and as long as I'm having fun and I feel I'm playing at a level I want to play at, I'm going to keep doing it," Kelce said. "I'm looking forward to what's ahead for us."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo