Eagles' Jason Kelce holds off retirement to return for 2021 season
Jason Kelce ended speculation over his future on Friday, the 33-year-old star putting retirement on hold for another season.
Philadelphia Eagles All-Pro center and Super Bowl champion Jason Kelce will return for an 11th season with the NFL franchise. Kelce ended speculation over his future on Friday, the 33-year-old star putting retirement on hold for another season.
A vital member of Philadelphia's championship run in 2017, Kelce has reportedly reconstructed his contract to offer the Eagles cap relief. "I'm really fired up to be able to come back and play for the Eagles again," he said on Friday. "I've always said I'm playing until I'm not and I still have a very strong desire to play the game of football. I still want to do it. I still want to be around the guys. I want to be around the building, around the coaches. I still enjoy that aspect of it and I'm not ready to stop doing it yet. I'm excited with a lot of the energy going around right now and, also, I didn't want to end my career on a season like we had last year. It wouldn't feel right. I want to leave the Eagles knowing that I left it in good hands."
Kelce was selected by the Eagles in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He is a four-time Pro Bowler, while Kelce has been named an All-Pro on three occasions. His return is a big boost for new head coach Nick Sirianni, who has replaced Doug Pederson, after the Eagles went 4-11-1 in a forgettable season. "I'm having fun and as long as I'm having fun and I feel I'm playing at a level I want to play at, I'm going to keep doing it," Kelce said. "I'm looking forward to what's ahead for us."
Te recomendamos en English
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes
- Real Madrid Zidane says Real Madrid want Champions League and LaLiga
- Tax Day Will the 2021 tax deadline be extended again?
- MLB MLB round-up: Dream start to MLB career continues for Baddoo, Giolioto-Bieber will be one to watch for years
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK When are the remaining stimulus check and 'plus-up' payments arriving?
- American Rescue Plan When will child tax credit be sent?