Haaland becomes quickest to twenty Champions League goals
The Norwegian brought up his 20th goal in just his 14th game in the competition, eclipsing Harry Kane's previous record of 24 outings.
Erling Haaland has become the quickest player to 20 Champions League goals after reaching the milestone in his 14th game in the competition.
The Norwegian grabbed his 19th and 20th goals in Europe's premier cup competition to help Borussia Dortmund carve out a 2-0 lead over Sevilla in the second leg of the sides' last-16 tie. Although Sevilla managed to level on the night, the Spanish side went out on aggregate, 5-4.
Haaland smashes Kane's record
Haaland's goals ensured he comfortably surpassed Harry Kane's previous record, which he set by scoring 20 times in his first 24 games in the Champions League.
Dortmund's meeting with Sevilla also saw Haaland become the first player ever to score twice in four consecutive games in the tournament.
The 20-year-old began his streak by netting twice in back-to-back fixtures against Club Brugge in the group stages.
20 - Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland has now scored 20 goals in 14 UEFA Champions League appearances; the quickest a player has ever reached 20 goals in the competition, and in 10 fewer appearances than the previous record holder (Harry Kane, 24). Astonishing. pic.twitter.com/jaUCwVmIks— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) March 9, 2021
And, after repeating the feat against Sevilla in Spain, he once again put Julien Lopetegui's side to the sword at Signal Iduna Park.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?