Di Maria signs new one-year deal at PSG
Paris Saint-Germain have extended Angel Di Maria's contract to keep him at the club for another season.
Angel Di Maria has signed a new one-year contract with Paris Saint-Germain.
The Argentina international, 33, has agreed to a new deal that will keep him at the club until the end of next season, with the option of an additional year.
Di Maria has won 16 trophies with PSG since signing from Manchester United in 2015 for a fee in the region of €63million.
In 248 games in all competitions, the midfielder has scored 86 times and provided 99 assists, the second-highest figure in the club's history behind Safet Susic on 103.
Speaking last month, sporting director Leonardo confirmed Di Maria was one of four key contract extensions PSG were keen to complete.
PSG keen to tie down key players
As well as high-profile talks over new deals for Kylian Mbappe and Neymar, Les Parisiens are also eager for Juan Bernat to sign a new deal.
"On Kylian Mbappe's contract, we've been talking for a long time," Leonardo told France Bleu.
"Before, it was mainly to be clear about our position and what we want. I think we are getting to the point where we must take a position and a decision. We have a good open dialogue.
"It's on the right track [with Neymar], but in the end he decides when to sign and it is not yet the case. We are on the same page, I think; same for Di Maria and Bernat.
"These are the four issues we are discussing. The idea is to get there as quickly as possible, because on our side, we have the intention to renew all four."
Di Maria has made 27 appearances in all competitions this season, providing four goals and 10 assists.
He is PSG's fourth-most productive player in terms of direct goal involvements in 2020-21, behind Moise Kean (16), Neymar (17) and Kylian Mbappe (35).
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?