Iker Casillas and Sara Carbonero announce they have separated
The couple, who have been together for 11 years, announced on social media that they have decided to live separately for the time being.
Iker Casillas and Sara Carbonero have separated. The news was made official this evening, when the former Real Madrid and Spain goalkeeper and his journalist wife posted an announcement on their Instagram accounts to notify that they have gone their separate ways.
Following several months of rumours speculating about their relationship, which have intensified in recent weeks, the couple have decided to end their 11-year history together.
Official announcement: Casillas and Sara Carbonero split
"Both Iker and myself feel enormously proud of the family that we have and to have been able to share a love which has filled us with happiness during all of our time together," the announcement began.
"Today, our love as a couple will take different paths but not too far astray as we will still be together in the marvellous job of being dedicated parents as we have done up until now. It has been a decision which we have thought through very carefully and taken mutually.
"The respect, affection and friendship which we have will remain with us always. Our priority, with love and commitment, is to ensure the well being and education of our children and to protect them so that they grow up in a stable and healthy environment," both Iker and Sara wrote.
"With these words, we ask you to please respect our intimacy in this moment of change. These will be the only words which we have to say publicly on the matter for the moment and in the future. Thank you very much for your understanding," they concluded.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?