Elche protest that Real Madrid's equaliser should have been ruled out
Benzema levelled the score from a corner taken by Toni Kroos but the ball was moving, not stationary, breaching the laws of the game.
In a game which produced a number of controversial decisions, there was one problematic incident which many people might have missed but various Elche players didn't - when Karim Benzema headed in the equaliser from a corner on 72 minutes.
Ball was moving
Elche players protested to referee Jorge Figueroa Vázquez that the goal should have disallowed because the ball was still moving when Toni Kroos hurriedly took the corner in the build-up. The laws of the game state that, the ball must be placed in the corner and be completely stationary before it can be taken.Under normal circumstances, the VAR control room should have notified the referee that the ball was moving, ruled out the goal and obliged Madrid to take the corner again.
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS unemployment refund update: how to track and check its state
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How filing a tax return could help you get third stimulus check plus-up payments
- PERSONAL FINANCE Who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California?
- Serie A Pirlo: Cristiano Ronaldo happy to be substituted
- REAL MADRID Zidane to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scores his seventh goal of the season in MLS