Bayern Munich: Ribery backs Sané to shine after injury issues
Franck Ribéry knows what it takes to succeed at Bayern Munich and thinks Leroy Sané has established himself well after injury problems.
Leroy Sané is beginning to show how important he can be to Bayern Munich after finding rhythm following a lengthy injury lay-off, says club great Franck Ribery.
Germany winger Sané joined Bayern from Manchester City in the close season but was in and out of the team as he continued to find fitness following the knee injury that restricted him to two appearances in his final campaign at the Etihad Stadium.
Across all competitions this season, Sané has eight goals and nine assists – both of which rank fourth among Bayern players this term.
He has also created 38 chances for his team-mates, 11 of those classing as Opta-defined 'big chances' – the fifth-best among Bayern's squad.
Ribéry: "Sané is an important player for Bayern"
Ribéry, who spent 12 years at Bayern, is delighted to see Sané begin to show his value at the Allianz Arena.
"I'm happy for him and for Bayern," Ribery told Sky Germany. "When he came to Munich it was maybe a bit difficult for him at the beginning, the pressure was great.
"But you shouldn't forget that he was out injured for a long time. It takes time. But things are going much better now, he's an important player for Bayern."
Ribéry won nine Bundesliga titles, six DFB-Pokals and the Champions League during a spectacular spell at Bayern.
The veteran winger has been linked with a return to Germany's top flight with Eintracht Frankfurt but for now the 37-year-old is purely focused on Fiorentina, whom he joined after departing Bayern in 2019.
"Of course, I miss the Bundesliga. I had my best time at Bayern and won a lot there," Ribery added.
"My priority is here in Florence, I'm happy here. We still have a few games and we need the points. I want to help the club."
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral election: Which candidates have received the most endorsements?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: polling times and how to vote
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC Mayoral Primary: where do I vote?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: what documentation do I need to vote?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT When will the IRS start to send the $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit payments?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT IRS Child Tax Credit portal: how can I use it to opt out and what other uses does it have?