Deschamps: Zidane could be my successor with France national team
The French coach considers the current Real Madrid boss to be his ideal successor with the France national team. Deschamps will be in charge for the 2022 World Cup.
Didier Deschamps will be France coach until at least the 2022 World Cup, the year in which his contract expires. The French coach believes that Zinedine Zidane is the ideal candidate to succeed him on the bench of the France national team.
"His success as a coach has given him a lot of credibility in the dugout. He had the legitimacy, but now he has the credibility. It is likely that one day he could replace me on the bench," Deschamps said when asked about his future in the national team and about Zidane.
Zidane wants another year with Real Madrid
Zidane's contract ends in 2022 with Real Madrid. As reported by Telefoot on Sunday, the French coach wants to continue coaching Los Blancos for another year and then he could take over from Deschamps' legacy with Les Bleus. Zidane has already stated that one day he can see himself managing the 2018 World Cup winners.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?