Luis Suárez hits 500th career goal
Luis Suárez brought up a milestone goal by scoring the winner for title-chasing Atlético Madrid against Deportivo Alavés on Sunday.
Luis Suárez has reached 500 career goals for club and country after scoring Atlético Madrid's winner against Deportivo Alavés at the Wanda Metropolitano.
The Uruguay forward nodded in Kieran Trippier's right-wing cross with 54 minutes gone at the Wanda Metropolitano on Sunday to bring up a significant personal milestone.
Alavés thought they would restore parity late on, but Jan Oblak made a superb save from Joselu's penalty, ensuring Suárez's goal proved enough.
Since starting his professional career with Nacional in his homeland and finding the back of the net on 12 occasions, Suárez has represented a further five clubs across Europe.
Goals across Europe for Suárez
He has proved prolific at each one, scoring 15 goals for Groningen, 111 for Ajax, 82 for Liverpool, 198 for Barcelona, and now 19 for Atlético.
500 - Luis Suárez has scored his 500th goal in his profesional career:— OptaJose (@OptaJose) March 21, 2021
Barcelona - 198
Ajax - 111
Liverpool - 82
Uruguay - 63
Atlético - 19
Groningen - 15
Nacional - 12
Killer @atletienglish #AtletiAlaves pic.twitter.com/mFFDQ9ZUS5
With a further 63 goals to his name for the Uruguay national team, the 34-year-old is now on 500 in the professional game.
They have come in just 794 appearances – a rate of a goal every 1.5 games.
Suarez's goals have helped him win league titles in Uruguay, the Netherlands and Spain, as well as the Champions League and Copa America.
He is hoping to add another LaLiga title to his honours list this term, with Atleti leading both Barcelona and Real Madrid going into the final stages of the campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Barcelona - Atlético Madrid Messi and Suárez to face off for first time in title decider
- PREMIER LEAGUE Bale hitting top form as Real Madrid star mulls Spurs stay
- Inter Milan Lautaro: I nearly joined Messi at Barcelona and Real Madrid tried to sign me twice
- REAL MADRID Juventus look to Zidane as replacement for Pirlo