Spain's young stars handed their squad numbers
Pedri, Bryan Gil, Pedro Porro and Robert Sánchez have chosen the numbers they will wear with Spain's national team when they make their debuts.
Spain begin their 2022 World Cup Qatar campaign against Greece in Granada this evening - the first qualifying match in Group B. Coach Luis Enrique has given four players their first call-up for the senior side - Pedri, Bryan Gil, Pedro Porro and goalkeeper Robert Sánchez, all of them could make their first appearance for La Roja during this international break.
The four players have been handed their squad numbers in the list of 23 published by the Spanish Football Federation. The numbering system is based on the total amount of caps, which is why Jordi Alba has been handed back his old No.18 shirt which was briefly worn by José Luis Gayà while the Barcelona left-back was out injured. Gayà has now been designated the No.14 shirt.
Spain squad shirt numbers:
1. De Gea
2. Pedro Porro
3. Diego Llorente
4. Iñigo Martínez
6. Sergio Canales
7. Álvaro Morata
8. Koke Resurrección
9. Bryan Gil
11. Ferrán Torres
12. Eric García
13. Robert Sánchez
14. José Luis Gayá
15. Sergio Ramos
18. Jordi Alba
19. Dani Olmo
21. Mikel Oyarzabal
22. Marcos Llorente
23. Unai Simón
Bryan Gil has opted for the No.9, Pedri has gone for No.20, Pedro Perro will wear the No.2 and Robert Sánchez has elected the number 13 shirt. Elsewhere, Ferrán Torres will be wearing the No.11 after wearing the No.18 during the Germany game in which he scored a hat trick. Below is the complete list of squad numbers for the Spain squad for the next three international fixtures:
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Negotiations taking place over moving Champions League final to the UK
- Coronavirus Why do vaccines make you feel ill?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket: where it fell, in what country and what happened to remains of the Long March 5B
- LATEST NEWS Times Square shooting: what happened and who was shot?
- LATEST NEWS Chinese rocket Long March 5B: why was it out of control and falling?