Yunus Musah earns his fourth cap for the USMNT
The Valencia player made his fourth appearance for the United States men’s national team so he can no longer play for another country.
The United States men’s national team defeated Northern Ireland 2-1 on Sunday in their second and last friendly of the March FIFA international break. Yunus Musah started the game and he made his fourth senior appearance, which means he is officially cap-tied to the USMNT.
Last month it was confirmed that the England national team wanted to persuade Musah to play for the ‘Three Lions,’ but it was the New York city native that said he wanted to play for the United States. So the USMNT used this international break to secure the 18-year-old, who played against Jamaica on 25 March and Northern Ireland on 27 March.
Berhalter is happy with Musah's decision
"I thought he was solid," said the coach of the USMNT, Gregg Berhalter. "Picture this, he hasn't played this position since last November with us and to put a performance like that in is commendable.
"I thought he did a very good job. I agree with what you're saying: he was a connector. Very, very simple but effective game tonight. He closed down space well. He just made everything look easy, and I think he had a very, very strong performance,” Berhalter said after the 4-1 victory against Jamaica.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Do you need to work to claim the child tax credit?
- EURO 2020 Germany's Goretzka in race against time for Euros
- EUROPA LEAGUE Manchester United: Harry Maguire doubtful for Europa League final
- STIMULUS CHECKS How much were the first, second and third stimulus checks and when were they sent out?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: have all payments been issued and paid?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's continual struggles against top teams