Mo Salah becomes Egypt's second-top scorer of all time
With his brace against Comoros, the Liverpool star replaced Hassa Al Shazly as Egypt's second-highest goalscorer behind Hossam Hassan.
Liverpool's prolific attacker Mohamed Salah bagged a double for Egypt against Comoros in the last round of AFCON qualifiers to reach a new goalscoring milestone in his international career, surpassing Hassan Al Shazly as the Pharaohs' second-highest goalscorer of all time.
Salah scored the third and fourth goals in Egypt's 4-0 victory in the 21st and 24th minutes of the game to take his international goals tally up to 43, one more than Egypt's former marksman Hassan Al Shazly.
New challenge waiting for the Egyptian king
The Reds winger now has a new challenge ahead of him at international level, which is breaking the record of Egypt's legendary former striker Hossam Hassan, who netted 68 goals for the Pharaohs in his career.
Egypt had already guaranteed their qualification for AFCON in Cameroon following their away draw in the previous round of the qualifiers, while Monday's win granted them a comfortable group lead with 12 points earned, three clear of Comoros, who have qualified in second.
Despite Liverpool languishing in seventh after a poor run of results, Salah tops the Premier League League's goalscoring charts together with Tottenham's Harry Kane, as both have found the back of the net on 17 occasions so far this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...