JUVENTUS

Juventus forward Dybala apologises for breaching covid-19 protocols

Paulo Dybala is one of three Juventus players alleged to have attended a large gathering on Wednesday, and the forward has now apologised.

Juventus forward Dybala apologises for breaching coronavirus protocols

Juventus forward Paulo Dybala has apologised for breaking coronavirus protocols by attending a get-together with a couple of his team-mates.

Italian newspaper La Stampa reported on Thursday that police were called to the house of Weston McKennie late on Wednesday to break up a party attended by up to 20 people.

Arthur is also alleged to have been in the Turin property and all three players are said to be facing large fines, and possibly a suspension, for attending the lockdown gathering.

Juventus have yet to officially comment on the reports, but Dybala took to Instagram on Thursday to confirm he was present.

Players test positive for virus

"I know that in such a difficult moment for the world with Covid it would've been better not to make a mistake, but I was wrong to stay out to dinner," he said.

"It wasn't a party, but I was wrong anyway and I apologise."

Juventus announced earlier on Thursday that Leonardo Bonucci and Merih Demiral have tested positive for covid-19.