€124m needed to challenge Pérez for Madrid presidency
Would-be aspirants need to guarantee this sum which represents 15% of the club's budget along with being a club socio for 20 years.
Potential aspirants looking to become the future Real Madrid president need to submit a bank guarantee confirming the access to 124 million euro which represents 15% of the club's budget. This sum of money is a vital element for any would-be presidential candidates in a battle to contest existing president Florentino Pérez who is looking to secure another four year term at the helm of the Santiago Bernabéu club.
Madrid confirm requisites
The Real Madrid electoral board have confirmed the conditions for the pre-candidacy race with a series of requisites having to be met by those aspiring to secure the position. Apart of the 124 million euro guarantee, candidates have to prove that they have been club members for at least 20 years. Should no-one be able to fulfil these criteria, Florentino Pérez will be automatically re-elected at the end of April.
In normal circumstances, an existing president would wait until the end of the season before calling elections but for strategic reasons Pérez has brought forward the process with his ongoing quest to secure the services of the likes of Mbappé and Haaland. The other urgent matter for the current president is to resolve the Sergio Ramos renewal situation with the negotiation process having reached an roadblock. Florentino Pérez is also desperate to see the inauguration of the new and improved Santiago Bernabéu stadium which is expected to be ready in June 2022.
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Real Madrid, Barça and Juventus issue joint statement denouncing 'threats'
- REAL MADRID Ramos out of crucial Real Madrid match against Sevilla
- LALIGA When was Barcelona's last defeat to Atlético Madrid at Camp Nou?
- Premier League Leeds United vs Tottenham: Premier League live
- BARCELONA Barcelona attempt to sign De Ligt for a second time
- 2022 World Cup Five key sustainability features connected with Qatar 2022