Neymar strikes verbal agreement to keep him at PSG until 2026
In the wake of reports by 'Ara', Téléfoot claim that the Brazilian has a verbal agreement with PSG to renew his contract to 2026; earning the same salary.
In spite of the rumours placing him back at Barcelona this summer, Diari ARA are reporting that Neymar is set to renew with PSG later this week. An agreement is in place and the news will be made official in the next few days. According to Téléfoot, the Brazilian will extend his contract by four years, taking him to June 2026.
Neymar priced out
The French outlet explains that Neymar knows that no club in Europe could currently pay the kind of wages he earns at PSG. His high wage demands mean that practically no club on the continent, including his old club Barcelona, could afford to equal or better the handsome salary he takes home with the Ligue 1 champions.
Talks to renew Neymar's contract between Leonardo and the player's agents began to advance in January, and finally reached a point where both parties were satisfied. The PSG star is very happy in the French capital and, in spite of the losses incurred as a result of the pandemic, his new contract won't be subjected to a cut in pay, which was Neymar's chief concern.
Te recomendamos en English
- Stimulus Checks What ID can I use to cash stimulus checks?
- USA What does Biden's $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan include?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic makes USMNT Champions League history
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Modric hails Mbappé: Great players are always welcome at Madrid
- NBA Nuggets Murray could miss rest of the season after ACL injury
- NFL Three time Super Bowl champ Edelman retires