Eto'o: Salah should go for what suits him and his family
The ex-Barcelona legend spoke about world-class players representing Africa in top leagues including Salah, who he advised to opt for what's good for him and his family should he decide to leave Liverpool.
Former Barcelona and Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o gave an interview to an Egyptian TV channel in which he spoke about the best African players representing the continent in big leagues and the UEFA Champions League.
Eto'o stated that the likes of Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane, Man City's Riyadh Mahrez, and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of Arsenal are great ambassadors of the African continent as they are delivering great performances in European competitions.
When asked about speculation over Salah's potential Liverpool exit, Eto'o responded: "I think that Salah should choose what's good for him and his family according to his surroundings as I used to do when I was still playing" Eto'o told On-Time Sports.
Is it the right time for Salah's exit?
Salah, who currently sits second in the Premier League top scorers standings with 18 goals, has been recently linked with several European clubs, particularly La Liga giants Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Some suggest that it's time for Salah, who is turning 29 this year, to look for a new challenge beyond Anfield, although the player continues to maintain that his future is Liverpool's hands.
Since Salah joined Liverpool in 2017 from Roma, he has been instrumental in the team's 2018-2019 Champions League and 2019-2020 Premier League title successes.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...