Real Madrid's Varane to miss Liverpool and Barcelona games
Zinedine Zidane will have no Sergio Ramos or Raphael Varane in the centre of his defence for two crucial games after the French player tested positive for covid-19.
Raphael Varane has returned a positive covid-19 test and will miss the crucial home leg of the Champions League quarter-final against Liverpool on Tuesday and Saturday's Clásico against Barcelona.
Real Madrid vs Liverpool news:
Varane tests positive for covid-19
Just after 1pm local time in Spain, Real Madrid announced that their French defender had tested positive for the coronavirus. He will now have to be isolated for a number of days and will miss these two huge games.
With Sergio Ramos already ruled out through injury, it is expected that Nacho and Militao will take their places at the heart of the defence, with a chance that a back five is created with Mendy coming into the centre and Marcelo/Vázquez wide.
The last time we saw Los Blancos play with without their talismanic Spanish captain and his French partner in the Champions League was when they faced CSKA Moscow in 2018...a game they lost 3-0.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early