El Clásico: Mateu Lahoz out for Clásico; Gil Manzano will take charge
Mateu Lahoz, the most-respected Spanish referee at international level, was due to officiate El Clásico between Real Madrid and Barcelona at the Alfredo Di Stéfano.
The RFEF confirmed on Friday morning that Gil Manzano will replace referee Mateu Lahoz to oversee El Clásico between Real Madrid and Barcelona on Saturday.
Lahoz, who took charge of Bayern Munich vs PSG on Wednesday, was officially named on Thursday as the referee of this weekend's encounter in Madrid, however due to an injury setback, he will not take charge at the Estadio Alfredo Di Stéfano.
A statement released by the RFEF read:
"The Arbitration Committee of the Professional Competition (CACP) has changed the appointment of referee Antonio Mateu Lahoz due to a muscle injury, the referee initially appointed to direct the match between Real Madrid CF - FC Barcelona on matchday 30 of the First Division.
"His replacement will be Jesús Gil Manzano."
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Recent research indicates how the stimulus aid was spent and how it helped families
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS California unemployment benefits: is job hunting proof required to apply for aid?