When is Opening Day for the 2021 MLS season?
Columbus Crew SC will set out to defend their status as 2020 MLS Cup champions when the new 2021 season kicks-off later this week.
The 2021 season was initially delayed to early April due to the ongoing situation with the covid pandemic and was then pushed back to it's current 17 April start date. The regular season now ends on 7 November with the MLS Cup final set to be staged on 11 December with Columbus Crew the defending champions following their victory over Seattle in the 2020 MLS Cup final.
Austin FC are the newcomers this year to the league and will play in the 13 team Western Conference with the Eastern featuring 14 teams. With the ongoing vaccination roll-out gathering oaces across the US, fans will be allowed to attend games albeit in reduced numbers depending on the situation relating to the pandemic to be viewed on a state-by-state basis. The three Canadian franchises (Toronto FC, Vancouver Whitecaps and the newly rechristened FC Montreal) will initially play all games on US soil due to travel restrictions between both countries at present.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Happy Mother’s Day: Quotes, memes, messages, and more to help celebrate
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?