Zidane won't risk Hazard for Real Madrid clash with Liverpool
The Belgian completed a group session with his team-mates and his return is closer, but Zidane won't risk him at Anfield. Valverde will travel to England.
Real Madrid, once again plagued by injuries, continue to prepare in Valdebebas for the second leg of the Champions League against Liverpool in Anfield on Wednesday night. In addition to the absences of Carvajal and Ramos, Lucas Vázquez, who will miss the rest of the season, joined the list of injured players after El Clásico. Eden Hazard, who will travel to England, has completed a group session with the rest of his team-mates, although he is unlikely to be risked by Zidane for the crunch tie.
The Belgian forward was hoping to return against Liverpool, but he is aware that he has to take it easy to avoid relapses. Hazard is preparing for a full return to help Madrid in the final stretch of the season. Sources close to the player consulted by this newspaper say: "The wait will be worth it. He will come back better than ever".
Valverde a doubt for Liverpool
Fede Valverde was not on the pitch at the Ciudad Deportiva with the rest of the squad ahead of the trip to England due to a blow suffered in the match against Barcelona, but the Uruguayan will travel with the team. A decision on Valverde won't be taken until the last minute to decide whether or not he will play. Carvajal trained alone and remains unavailable for selection.
Madrid will travel to Liverpool on Tuesday, where they will train for the last time before the match. Zidane and an unnamed player will hold a press conference at the famous stadium. The advantage from the first leg (3-1) puts Los Blancos in the driving seat for the second leg.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer needs defender to step into Maguire's shoes
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool boss Klopp explains perceived spat with Mané
- FA CUP Which team has won most FA Cup trophies? Full list of winners
- NBA NBA: Giannis Antetokounmpo forced to cut back on muscle-flex celebrations
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS Covid-19: further doubts over origins of coronavirus
- Coronavirus Where won't you have to wear a mask after the vaccine and in what cases?