Aubameyang announces he is suffering from malaria
The Arsenal striker announced that he contracted the disease during the international break. He is well and has spent a few days in hospital.
Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang contracted malaria while on international duty with Gabon last month and spent time in hospital this week, he said on Thursday.
Aubameyang has malaria
Aubameyang played one match for Gabon as they booked their place in the Africa Cup of Nations finals and he has started one Arsenal game since returning to England.
'Unfortunately, I contracted malaria whilst being on national team duty in Gabon a few weeks ago,' Aubameyang wrote on Instagram.
The 31-year-old striker was not in the Arsenal squad when they beat Sheffield United on Sunday and he did not travel for the second leg of their Europa League quarter-final at Slavia Prague on Thursday.
'I've spent a few days in hospital this week but I'm already feeling much better every day, thanks to the great doctors that detected and treated the virus so quickly,' Aubameyang added.
'I wasn't really feeling myself the last couple of weeks but will be back stronger than ever soon.'
Arsenal, who are ninth in the Premier League standings, host Fulham on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral election: Which candidates have received the most endorsements?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: polling times and how to vote
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC Mayoral Primary: where do I vote?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: what documentation do I need to vote?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT When will the IRS start to send the $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit payments?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT IRS Child Tax Credit portal: how can I use it to opt out and what other uses does it have?