Liverpool's Salah concerned about his future at Anfield
The Egyptian winger wants to extend his stay at Liverpool but rumours suggest he is concerned about the club's handling of his contract extension.
The contract of Liverpool's prolific winger Mohamed Salah is set to expire in 2023 amidst widespread speculation linking him with a move to Spain. However, sources at Anfield revealed that the player is interested in staying at the club where he made history along with his teammates under Jürgen Klopp, who led them to win UEFA Champions League and the long-awaited Premier League title.
Salah has reiterated on several occasions that his future is in Liverpool's hands, despite hinting he would like to sign a new deal before his current contract comes to an end.
According to The Athletic, Salah is not determined to leave Anfield soon, yet he is somehow worried about the way the club is handling his renewal issue, as the club might have different plans than those of the Egyptian winger.
Will Salah be part of the correctional measures
Liverpool have no option but to make some changes to the current squad including the frontline following the severe drop in form that saw them out of this year's UEFA Champions League after losing 3-1 on aggregate to Real Madrid. They may also miss out on next year's edition as they are currently sixth in the Premier League standings.
Klopp will also look to reinforce a defensive line that has been struggling since the injury to Virgil van Dijk, whose absence absolutely impacted the team's performance this year. Klopp has been trying to find a suitable alternative by playing Fabinho at centre-back and signing Schalke's Ozan Kabak on loan, but neither option paid off.
I’d like to wish everyone a Ramadan Mubarak! pic.twitter.com/KVmQH0TBws— Mohamed Salah (@MoSalah) April 12, 2021
In the upcoming days, Salah will know whether or not he will be involved in the squad reshuffle so that he can weigh up the offers he is receiving.
Salah, who turns 29 this year, joined Liverpool from AS Roma in 2017 and has ever since been making history with the Reds as he was integral to them winning last season's Premier League title, a year after they secured their sixth Champions League trophy.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?