Barcelona predicted starting XI in the Copa del Rey final
Koeman could revert back to a 4-3-3 system, with Mingueza at right-back, Piqué in central defence and Griezmann starting alongside Dembélé and Messi.
Barcelona's possible line-up against Athletic in the Copa del Rey final
Ter Stegen; Mingueza, Piqué, Lenglet, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Pedri, De Jong; Messi, Griezmann; and Dembélé. That is the line-up with which Barça could go into this evening's Copa del Rey final against Athletic Club. Gerard Piqué is expected to return to the starting XI a month and a half after suffering an injury to his knee in the semi-final return leg against Sevilla on 3 March. It would also suggest a return to the 4-3-3 system with Dest and Araújo back on the bench.
It is not the only option open to Koeman however, the coach could also start with the 3-4-2-1 system which has delivered good results in recent weeks, up until the Clásico. If he sticks with that system, Dest would be used as a wing-back, Piqué would come in at centre-back, pushing De Jong into a more advanced position. It would mean that either Griezmann or Dembélé would drop out of the starting line-up. If Barça go for a 3-4-2-1, the starting XI would look like this: Ter Stegen; Mingueza, Piqué, Lenglet; Dest, Busquets, De Jong, Jordi Alba; Pedri, Messi; Dembélé.
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 Can I still file my taxes on Monday 17 May?
- INTERNATIONAL Mancini extends Italy deal until after 2026 World Cup
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer still unsure of Juan Mata's future at Manchester United
- BELGIUM Martínez: Hazard's condition the best he's had for a long time
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid in talks with Raúl
- NBA What did Lebron James say about the NBA Play-in?