Carvajal boost for Real Madrid
The right-back joined the squad to take part in the pre-session warm-up exercises ahead of tomorrow's LaLiga meeting with Getafe.
In the midst of a crisis in defence, there was a glimmer of hope for Zidane this morning. Dani Carvajal took part in the warm-up exercises ahead of today's training session in preparation for tomorrow's league clash with Getafe. The defender, who injured his right thigh muscle and tendon in the meeting with Valencia a couple of months ago, joined his team mates for the pre-session rondos. It was a positive to see Carvajal, who has been training apart since February, back with the squad in Valdebebas.
Zidane, who is due to give his pre-match press conference this afternoon, could include Carvajal in his squad for Sunday's game at the Coliseum.
The Real Madrid coach has the nightmare task off putting together a defence with practically all of his first choice options unavailable. Lucas Vázquez, who has been filling in at right-back in Carvajal's absence, is out for the rest of the season. Fede Valverde stepped into that role against Liverpool at Anfield (Odriozola came on as a late sub), but with Casemiro serving a ban after being sent off in last week's Clásico, the Uruguayan is expected to return to the midfield.
In central defence, Varane and Ramos, who both tested positive for coronavirus, remain sidelined. On top of that, Nacho is serving a suspension after picking up his fifth booking against Barcelona last weekend. Nacho and Casemiro didn't take part in today's session. Militão is the only available central defender who is available. Castilla's Víctor Chust (who partnered the Brazilian in the Copa del Rey tie against Alcoyano) joined reserve team players Alcázar and Víctor in the session. In total, 21 players participated in today's workout.
Te recomendamos en English
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- BARCELONA 0-0 ATLÉTICO Piqué: "We're still alive, from now on, anything could happen"
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?