Matthäus tips Nagelsmann for Bayern job and backs Marsch for Leipzig
The legendary Lothar Matthäus believes Bayern Munich will turn to Julian Nagelsmann to replace Hansi Flick, whose reign is coming to an end.
Lothar Matthäus expects Julian Nagelsmann to replace Hansi Flick at Bayern Munich and believes Jesse Marsch will be the next RB Leipzig boss. On Saturday, Flick announced that he wants to leave Bayern at the end of the season and has made no secret of his interest in succeeding Germany head coach Joachim Löw.
Matthäus thinks Flick will land the Germany job, with Bayern moving for Leipzig's 33-year-old coach Nagelsmann. The Bayern and Germany legend envisages Leipzig turning to Red Bull Salzburg's Marsch to fill the void if Nagelsmann is appointed as boss of the European champions. He told Sky: "My opinion is: Flick to the DFB, Nagelsmann to Bayern and Jesse Marsch to Leipzig."
Nagelsmann, the man for Bayern
Matthäus added: "Of course, Bayern didn't speak to Julian Nagelsmann directly, but started the conversation with Julian Nagelsmann's side and I'm still standing by that today. I am convinced that Julian Nagelsmann will succeed Hansi Flick. He wants to take the next step."
Matthäus believes Marsch would be a shrewd appointment if Leipzig are in the market for a new coach. "He would be a good guy for the Bundesliga," said the ex-midfielder. "Nagelsmann would be satisfied. Marsch would be satisfied. I can imagine that going in this direction, but there are contracts that have to be respected."
He went on to add that it is only a matter of time before Flick agrees terms to take charge of his country. "Now the talks will get serious. He will succeed Joachim Low. Everyone knows him at the DFB. Everyone likes him at the DFB."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?