Jose Mourinho sacked by Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham Hotspur have sacked head coach Jose Mourinho after just over a season and a half in charge of the Premier League outfit.
Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed the sacking of Jose Mourinho as manager.
Spurs decided to fire the Portuguese manager after just over a season and a half in charge of the Premier League outfit. Tottenham currently sit seventh in the Premier League and after a disappointing few weeks are at risk of missing out on a place in the top four.
Tottenham's club statement on Monday thanked Mourinho and his staff for their time at the club.
"The Club can today announce that Jose Mourinho and his coaching staff Joao Sacramento, Nuno Santos, Carlos Lalin and Giovanni Cerra have been relieved of their duties.
"Chairman, Daniel Levy, said: "Jose and his coaching staff have been with us through some of our most challenging times as a Club. Jose is a true professional who showed enormous resilience during the pandemic. On a personal level I have enjoyed working with him and regret that things have not worked out as we both had envisaged. He will always be welcome here and we should like to thank him and his coaching staff for their contribution."
It is understood that first-team coaches Ryan Mason and Chris Powell will take charge for the remainder of the campaign.
Tottenham's 2-2 draw at Everton on Friday night was Mourinho's last game in charge and chairman Daniel Levy has decided that now is the right time to axe the 58-year-old.
Spurs have struggled to find consistency this season, winning only one league game from their last five and crashed out of the Europa League to Dinamo Zagreb in the round of 16 last month.
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS unemployment refund update: how to track and check its state
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How filing a tax return could help you get third stimulus check plus-up payments
- PERSONAL FINANCE Who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California?
- Serie A Pirlo: Cristiano Ronaldo happy to be substituted
- REAL MADRID Zidane to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scores his seventh goal of the season in MLS