Chelsea interested in signing Varane from Real Madrid
Tuchel has asked for the French defender for next season. His contract expires at Madrid in 2022 and his intention is to leave this summer.
Thomas Tuchel wants to add Real Madrid centre-back Raphael Varane to Chelsea's defence this summer. According to Bild, the Madrid player is the German coach's defensive priority. Chelsea have performed extremely well since Tuchel took over from Frank Lampard, which has caused the London club's hierarchy to pay attention to his requests to strengthen the squad for next season.
Varane, as AS reported on March 10, intends to leave Real Madrid in the summer for sporting reasons, and would like to try another league. His contract with the reigning Spanish champions expires in 2022 and, although they want to renew his deal, Madrid's directors have suspected for months that the player will ask to leave at the end of the current season.
Madrid to cash in on Varane
Although his name was not initially on the list of possible departures, Real Madrid's intention if he asks to leave is to cash in on the France international. In no case do they want him to allow him to leave on a free in 2022. His value, according to Transfermarkt, is 70 million euros. And it is an amount close to that figure that Madrid will ask for to let him go and thus be able to search for a replacement.
Tuchel will have the opportunity to watch Varane live as Chelsea and Real Madrid meet in the Champions League semi-finals at the end of April. It will be the first time the two sides will go head to head in the competition.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $2,000 monthly stimulus, Golden State payment tracker, Child Tax Credit...
- Serie A Champions Inter Milan have 'serious financial problems' – Zanetti
- BARCELONA Neymar: Al-Khelaifi warns Barcelona not to push for Messi reunion
- NBA LeBron James injury: how long has he been out and how many games missed?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Who is Daniel Ek, the Spotify CEO who wants to buy Arsenal?