Rockets Sterling Brown a victim in Miami nightclub assault
The Houston Rockets released a statement today saying their power forward was the victim of an assult that took place outside of a nightclub on Sunday night.
Houston Rockets announced that their small forward Sterling Brown was the victim of assault on Sunday morning.
The former Southern Methodist star was attacked with a bottle outside of a Miami nightclub, causing minor injuries.
MIami night club incident leaves Brown with injuries to face
Brown is expected make a full recovery after suffering facial lacerations. The Rockets said Brown “had no prior knowledge of or interaction with the assailants.”
Brown did not to dress for Houston’s game against the Miami Heat because of a knee injury.
Rockets Head Coach Stephen Silas told reporters “I have spoken to him, and he’s feeling better.” Silas later assured, “Thankfully, he’s going to be OK.”
Brown was a victim in an incident with Milwaukee police in 2018
Rockets say Sterling Brown will make a full recovery from an assault that left him with facial lacerations pic.twitter.com/BwQS0mHHbO— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) April 19, 2021
In 2018, the younger brother of former Los Angeles Laker Shannon Brown made headlines after claiming that Milwaukee police targeted him outside of a local Walgreens. He was hit with a taser after not immediately taking his hands out of his pockets while being stopped by the police for a parking citation.
Brown filed a suit against the city of Milwaukee in June of that year, after video was released of the incident. A body cam showed an officers making light of his civil rights complaints and another stepped on his leg during the ordeal.
The city of Milwaukee and Brown reached a $750,000 settlement in November.
Brown is averaging over 8 ppg and almost 4.5 rebounds in his first year with the Rockets.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA 76ers vs Pacers live online: scores, stats, highlights, updates...
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?