European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest
The group of supporters spoke to Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer before leaving the training ground, the club said.
A group of Manchester United supporters broke into the Premier League club's training ground to protest against the Red Devils' controversial Glazer owners and their attempted involvement in the failed European Super League.
Manchester United fans enter training ground with banners, speak to manager Solskjaer
The supporters gained access to United's Carrington training ground with banners reading "Glazers out" and "we decide when you play".
It was reported the group comprising of around 20 people blocked entrances as players arrived for training. They had a conversation with United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer before leaving the training ground.
A United statement read: "At approximately 9am this morning a group gained access to the club training ground. The manager and others spoke to them. Buildings were secure and the group has now left the site."
United confirm ESL withdrawal within 48 hours of competition's announcement
United were one of six Premier League clubs and 12 teams overall to sign up for the controversial competition, which drew widespread condemnation from fans, players and pundits alike.
Less than 48 hours later, all of the English clubs had announced their intention to withdraw from the planning but the fallout has continued.
Co-chairman and part-owner Joel Glazer issued an apology to United supporters for the "unrest" caused, a first direct communication from the controversial owners to the fanbase since 2005.
United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward confirmed his resignation and he will step down from his role at the end of the year, although the club insisted this was not in relation to Super League furore.
Te recomendamos en English
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral election: Which candidates have received the most endorsements?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: polling times and how to vote
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC Mayoral Primary: where do I vote?
- NYC MAYORAL ELECTION NYC mayoral primary: what documentation do I need to vote?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT When will the IRS start to send the $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit payments?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT IRS Child Tax Credit portal: how can I use it to opt out and what other uses does it have?