AC Milan have chosen Donnarumma's successor
According to ‘La Gazzetta dello Sport’, Milan have reached an agreement with Lille keeper Mike Maignan. Talks to renew Donnarumma's contract are in stalemate.
AC Milan announced a new deal for Zlatan Ibrahimovic on Thursday, but talks to offer Gigio Donnarumma a contract extension remain at a standstill. Mino Raiola, agent to both players, was at the club offices to sign Ibra's new contract, but that meeting produced no advances on the goalkeeper's situation - his contract is due to expire on 30 June. The Rossoneri have placed an 8 million euro offer on the table for the next five years, but the player's agent is asking for 12 million, and in the meantime, as AS has reported, is negotiating with Juventus.
Maignan lined up
In the meantime, the club has been looking for alternative options and appear to have a player in mind if Donnarumma ends up leaving this summer. According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan already have an agreement in place with Lille keeper Mike Maignan. The French club are asking 18 million euros for the 25-year-old, whose wages after tax would be under three million euros. La Gazzetta claim that Milan could go ahead with Maignan's signing regardless of what happens with Donnarumma, who has insisted that his plan is to continue for another season at least. His dream is to play in the Champions League with Milan, but first the team has to make sure they qualify, which at the moment, isn't guaranteed.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?