Griezmann: "It's in our hands"
The Frenchman scored twice against Villarreal: "I wasn't in my natural position but I'm proud to be with my Barça team mates. We have 6 or 7 finals left".
Antoine Griezmann gave a flash interview for Movistar LaLiga moments after the final whistle had gone in Barça's 1-2 win against Villarreal. The forward, who scored both of the team's goals, is optimistic about their chances of winning LaLiga.
Was the key getting a quick equaliser after Chukwueze's goal?
When they opened the scoring, our heads didn't drop and the response was swift and direct. But even before their goal, we had missed three chances and it's always better to score first so that the game is more comfortable. We have six or seven finals left to play and we have to win all of them.
Your movement for first goal was wonderful and you reacted quickly for the second.
I try to move in between the two centre-backs, looking for space to run into. It's not my natural position but I feel proud to play for Barça - with these team mates. Sometime I score goals, sometimes I provide assists. I've very comfortable playing with my team mates.
How do you see LaLiga title race?
All of us want to win the league. Sevilla are battling and we are going to try to win all of our remaining games. It's the only way we can be champions.
Is Barça the best-placed to win LaLiga?
The team who is ahead of us is in the best position right now. Atético are having an incredible league campaign, and we are doing the best we can. It's in our hands. We have to win every one of the games we have left and fight.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...
- BOXING Who won the first and second Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fights?
- FATHER’S DAY 2021 Happy Father’s Day: messages, quotes, images and memes to celebrate
- EURO 2020 Euro 2021: how many third place teams qualify?
- COPA AMERICA Uruguay v Chile: La Celeste look to end scoring drought at Copa America
- NBA playoffs 2021 Paul and Kawhi out of Game 1 as Clippers make Conference Finals bow