Mayweather-Logan Paul fight now set for June
An exhibition match between undefeated former world champion Floyd Mayweather and YouTube star-turned-amateur boxer Logan Paul is back on.
Boxing great Floyd Mayweather Jr. and YouTube sensation Logan Paul are set to fight in June after months of talking up the possibility.
The pair will square off in a pay-per-view clash at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami on June 6, Mayweather Promotions announced on Tuesday.
Mayweather – who retired from boxing with a 50-0 record after beating UFC star Conor McGregor – and Paul had been set to meet on February 20, but the bout was postponed to an unspecified later date.
Tuesday's announcement did not include the number of rounds or any other details about the fight.
Paul, who has 22.9 million YouTube subscribers, boasted in November that he was ready to fight Mayweather "any time, any place".
"If I caught Floyd with one punch, I would snap him in half," said the 26-year-old.
Paul has one fight to his credit, dropping a split decision to fellow YouTuber KSI in November 2019.
Five-division world champion Mayweather (50-0) has not fought competitively since a 2017 10th-round TKO defeat of McGregor in the boxing ring.
The 44-year-old Mayweather beat kickboxing star Tenshin Nasukawa in brutal fashion in a 2018 exhibition in Tokyo.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA 76ers vs Pacers live online: scores, stats, highlights, updates...
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?