Ramos returns to training with sights set on Chelsea
The Real Madrid captain was involved in full training with the rest of the squad today and may get playing time next Saturday vs. Osasuna.
Sergio Ramos is back as the captain resumed full training today with the rest of the Real Madrid squad as Zidane's men prepare for Saturday's LaLiga clash at home to Osasuna.The plan is for the player to get some playing time on Saturday ahead of the Champions League semi-final (return leg) next week in London against Chelsea with his return coming at an opportune time given the news that Dani Carvajal will play no further in the 2020/21 season.
Ramos sustained his muscular injury when on international duty wit the Spanish national side and his return will boost the defensive rearguard despite an admirable job being conducted by Nacho and Militao who have been the central pairing with both Ramos and Varane missing recently.
Mendy is still not fully fit and continues to train alone and is unlikely to be ready for the Chelsea game. Valverde is still suffering with mild coronavirus symptoms and his return will depend on his latest PCR test but it's anticipated that he will make the trip to London.
Nacho was a new absentee in Thursday's training session after the defender suffered a knock in Tuesday's home game against Tuchel's side. He's expected to return to work with the squad on Friday with his absence merely a precautionary measure.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 PSG's Mbappé backtracks over Lille title winning comments
- USMNT Jesse Marsch and Brenden Aaronson win Austrian league title with Salzburg
- BARCELONA Barcelona set to confirm Agüero signing at end of season
- NBA NBA: Hawks, Knicks seal playoff places as Nets' Harden returns
- COVID-19 VACCINE What has CDC said about covid vaccine for 12-15 year old kids?
- US News What did Liz Cheney say about Donald Trump and the Republican Party?