Víctor Valdés back at Barcelona
The former goalkeeper, who was initially hesitant about Joan Laporta's proposal, has accepted to return to the club to coach the youth teams.
Victor Valdés is set to return to FC Barcelona. According to Sport, the former blaugrana keeper has decided to accept Joan Laporta's offer to hand him a role as a goalkeeping coaching in La Masia. Valdés was initially hesitant about the idea, as his intention was to continue as coach at youth team level, but in the end he decided to take on the offer which was put to him last month.
Valdés will join the methodology department headed by Paco Seirul, coaching youth team goalkeepers. At first, he was supposed to join the coaching staff in June, but his incorporation could be brought forward a few weeks so that he can settle into his new job.
Valdés to take goalkeeping coach post
The 39-year-old previously held a coaching job at FC Barcelona after hanging up his gloves. In 2019, ex-president Josep Maria Bartomeu handed him the post of coaching the Under-19s. But he lasted just three months in the job, he was sacked after being involved a number of clashes with youth academy chief Patrick Kluivert. Almost one year later, he took the reins at Third Division outfit UA Horta, but left the post to be part of Laporta's presidential campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 PSG's Mbappé backtracks over Lille title winning comments
- USMNT Jesse Marsch and Brenden Aaronson win Austrian league title with Salzburg
- BARCELONA Barcelona set to confirm Agüero signing at end of season
- NBA NBA: Hawks, Knicks seal playoff places as Nets' Harden returns
- COVID-19 VACCINE What has CDC said about covid vaccine for 12-15 year old kids?
- US News What did Liz Cheney say about Donald Trump and the Republican Party?