All-Arab ACL quarter-final; the champions Al Ahly face Sundowns again
The CAF Champions League quarter-final draw was completed on Friday and produced some mouth-watering ties as well as two all-Arab fixtures.
The African Football Confederation (CAF) held the Champions League quarter-final draw on Friday, resulting into some mouth-watering clashes which African Football lovers will surely be looking forward to.
The draw set up two all-Arab stand-offs Algerian and Tunisian fans will be eagerly awaiting as MC Alger drew Wydad Athletic Club whereas CR Belouizdad are set to face Esperance de Tunis.
The reigning champions and nine-time winners, Egypt's Al Ahly drew the 2016 champions Mamelodi Sundowns in the quarter-finals for the third time in a row. Al Ahly eliminated Sundowns last year in their title-win campaign when the current Red Devils boss Pitso Mosimane was still in charge of the South African outfit. It is widely viewed as one of the most anticipated showdowns of the round.
Al Ahly vs Mamelodi Sundowns
MC Alger vs Wydad Athletic Club
CR Belouizdad vs Esperance de Tunis
Kaizer Chiefs vs Simba Sports Club
The first leg fixtures are scheduled for 14 and 15 May while return leg games are set to be held on 21 and 22 May, with the winner from MC Alger and Wydad Athletic Club fixture set to meet the winner from Kazier Chiefs and Simba, meanwhile the winner of Al Ahly vs Sundowns battle will take on the winner from the CR Belouizdad and Esperance de Tunis tie.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...