Chivas and Tigres advance to the wildcard round
In the last regular season game of the 2021 Guardianes tournament, both teams ended in a 0-0 draw that gave them enough points to advance to the wildcard round.
Chivas and Tigres UANL ended sharing the points on matchday 17 of the 2021 Guardianes tournament. The result, a 0-0 draw, was enough for both teams to secure a spot in the wildcard round with Chivas finishing in 9th place (23 points) and Tigres in 10th (23 points).
Chivas' winning streak ends
Prior to the match against Tigres, the home team had won their last four games and were keen to continue their streak. In the early minutes of the match at the Omnilife stadium, Uriel Antuna and Jesús Angulo combined and set up ‘JJ’ Macías, whose shot was blocked by keeper Nahuel Guzmán.
Guzmán, man of the match
Shortly after the thirty minute mark, Jesús Angulo saw his effort blocked by Guzmán, who had an outstanding night. In the 36th minute, ‘JJ’ Macías gave a through ball to Isaac Brizuela whose close-range shot was kept out once again by the keeper.
Towards the end of the game, Fernando Beltrán ended a fantastic solo move by shooting from distance, but his shot went wide. Due to their respective places in the table, both teams will play away from home in the Liga MX play-offs. They will play in a single elimination game against opponents yet to be confirmed.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures