Lukaku gives Zlatan a royal trolling after Inter title win
Inter Milan's Belgian striker has had an impressive season since joining from Manchester United, but his rivalry with Ibrahimovic wasn't forgotten.
Most Inter Milan fans would agree that over the last two seasons Romelu Lukaku has been the most important player in the team. The Belgian striker arrived in the summer of 2019 for 74 million euros from Manchester United after an unconvincing spell at Old Trafford, and has since silenced the critics.
After nine years of Juventus dominance, he has now collected a Scudetto title with his new club and is happy to make the most of it.
Lukaku, not Ibra, ‘the real king’?
Lukaku's performances this season have been impressive: 27 goals and 11 assists in all competitions. Together with Lautaro Martinez, he has formed one of the best front pairings in Europe.
His talents and presence on the pitch have meant he has been put up against a local rival, Milan’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic. On 26 January, during the Coppa Italia derby, the sparks were flying between the two, with accusations of racism raised against the Swede, something he strongly denied.
The real god ✝️— R.Lukaku Bolingoli9 (@RomeluLukaku9) May 3, 2021
has crowned the king!
Now bow down
Il nostro dio ✝️ ha incoronato i Re!
King of Milano 😉👑 pic.twitter.com/n0gAiYWFTp
Their battle has been simmering for the last few months, but as Inter clinched their title as the new Italian champions, Lukaku did not hesitate to reheat the rivalry, doing so with a simple tweet. In a clear reference to Ibrahimovic he wrote: ‘The real god has crowned the king! Now bow down’.
The connection comes from a post written by Zlatan after Milan won the city derby, two goals from their talisman. That read: ‘Milan never had a king, they have a god’.
After the Swede's recent renewal in Italy, more fun surely awaits us.
Te recomendamos en English
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS unemployment refund update: how to track and check its state
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How filing a tax return could help you get third stimulus check plus-up payments
- PERSONAL FINANCE Who qualifies for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) in California?
- Serie A Pirlo: Cristiano Ronaldo happy to be substituted
- REAL MADRID Zidane to leave Real Madrid at the end of the season
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández scores his seventh goal of the season in MLS