Real Madrid: Woman steps in to cover for Marcelo's election duties
The Brazilian had been called up to act as an assistant on the electoral council for today's regional elections but a woman came forward to help out.
Marcelo faithfully observed his call-up as an assistant on one of the electoral tables for today's regional elections in Madrid's autonomous Community. The Brazilian, who has duel nationality and resident in Madrid, was called up to act as an assistant at the Liceo Europeo in La Moraleja. He arrived on time at 8 a.m, and once the electoral council members arrived, he was able to return home.
While he wasn't expected to actively take part in the electoral process, he was expected to be available and remain nearby for the rest of the day. Initially, that meant that he would not be able to join his team mates who are due to travel to London later today for tomorrow's Champions League semi-final return leg against Chelsea. The Madrid left-back had planned to join them once the elections are over, flying out to London on his own either tonight or tomorrow morning by private jet.
🔴 Marcelo se ha personado para cumplir con su papel de vocal suplente en la mesa asignada. Sin embargo, una señora mayor, que era segunda suplente de vocal, se ha ofrecido para suplirle y viajará a Londres con el equipo. https://t.co/nspRUoB5gj— laSexta Noticias (@sextaNoticias) May 4, 2021
Local woman steps forward to help Marcelo out
However, a local old lady stepped up to save the day. According to LaSexta, the woman was designated as a second assistant, and offered to act as a substitute for Marcelo, freeing up the Madrid defender from his civic duties and allowing him to travel with the rest of the squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS IRS checks: what does tax refund 30 mean?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos will be back one day, says Toni Kroos
- NFL Carl Nassib announcement "historical landmark" for NFL - Ryan Russell
- EURO 2020 Euro 2021 Group E: scores, standings and who progresses to the round of 16
- NBA Coach Tyronn Lue hopes the home arena ambiance will help indisposed Clippers
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: why could the US be the next country hit with the delta variant?