Barcelona considered Messi's party ‘a work dinner’
Catalunya's regional government has confirmed that the Department of Health will investigate Messi's team get-together, which broke Covid-19 protocol.
Problems surrounding the meal which Leo Messi held at his house together with the rest of the Barcelona squad and their partners continue. Messi invited everyone to his house to celebrate the recent Copa del Rey triumph but the get-together exceeded the number of people who are allowed to be together indoors under the Covid-19 restrictions set out by Catalunya's regional government.
The club has stated that they were not responsible in any way for organising the meal which they add was a strictly private affair and feel that the players meeting up does not pose any kind of problem because "they are effectively in the same bubble, they undergo tests practically every day and the get-together could be considered a work lunch" - as Cadena SER's Qué t’hi jugues programme explained after contacting club officials.
However that the players' partners were also there breaks that bubble, which is why the regional government could fine Messi and his team mates.
LaLiga has confirmed the news which Cadena COPE broke that an investigation will be opened into all of the players who attended (there was a similar case involving Sevilla players at the start of the pandemic) but not the club.
Meanwhile, Generalitat spokeswoman Meritxell Budó said in a press conference, "The public health agency will study the case" while acting president Pere Aragonès added that, "Well known and famous personalities should set an example to the rest of society with their behaviour".
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA 76ers vs Pacers live online: scores, stats, highlights, updates...
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?