When and where is the 2021 Champions League final played?
The final of the 2020/21 Champions League is getting ever closer, with many fans still asking when it is and in which stadium UEFA's showpiece will be held.
Manchester City against Chelsea is our all English decider after the two Premier League giants overcame PSG and Real Madrid respectively. We can already taste the Champions League final 2021, arguably the biggest game in club football.
Champions League news:
2021 Champions League final in Istanbul
These two remaining clubs have been dreaming about making it all the way the final which this year will be played at the Atatürk Olympic Stadium in Instanbul, Turkey on Saturday 29 May at a time yet to be determined by UEFA. Recent finals, if they are any guide, have kicked off at 3pm ET (9pm CEST).
Note: with concerns rising about the covid-19 situation in Turkey, there have been reports that an alternative venue (possibly Wembley stadium in London, England) is used.
The Atatürk is the largest stadium in Turkey, with a capacity of 76,761 and has hosted the Champions League final once before – the memorable meeting between AC Milan and Liverpool on 25 May 2005 in which Rafa Benítez’s side roared back after going 0-3 down to clinch the match and the trophy on penalties.
The Atatürk had originally been designated to stage the 2019/20 final but in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic, UEFA decided to postpone all of the games corresponding to the latter stages of the tournament (quarter finals, semi-finals, final and some Last 16 return legs) which were played in Lisbon.
Last year’s final between PSG and Bayern Munich was played at Estádio da Luz, Lisbon instead of the Atatürk.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 PSG's Mbappé backtracks over Lille title winning comments
- USMNT Jesse Marsch and Brenden Aaronson win Austrian league title with Salzburg
- BARCELONA Barcelona set to confirm Agüero signing at end of season
- NBA NBA: Hawks, Knicks seal playoff places as Nets' Harden returns
- COVID-19 VACCINE What has CDC said about covid vaccine for 12-15 year old kids?
- US News What did Liz Cheney say about Donald Trump and the Republican Party?