Barcelona feel cheated by Neymar
RAC1 reveal that the player, before signing a new deal with PSG, met with Barcelona representatives, who now feel betrayed by the player.
If there is one thing Neymar is, it is consistent. He let down Bartomeu's board and, apparently, Laporta's board as well this month when he held negotiations about a return to Barça. As reported last night by RAC1, the current Barça board feel betrayed by the Brazilian, news that has been widely echoed in the French press.
Barça in Paris for Neymar
As reported by the Catalan radio station, a Barcelona representative had travelled to Paris to contact the PSG star, who showed his willingness to sign for Barça as he claimed that "the PSG project did not convince him".
However, on Saturday Neymar and Paris Saint-Germain officially announced the extension of the Brazilian's contract until 2025 plus an optional year, which means that any option for Neymar to join Barça is now ruled out. The Neymar to Camp Nou story is now longer, but the Messi to France story will begin if the Parisian side decide to sell Mbappé to Real Madrid.
This attitude shown by Neymar, according to RAC1, has angered the directors of the Blaugrana club, who have felt used by the Brazilian. Nothing that has not happened before.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?